Full Time | Whiteley HQ
2nd Line Telecoms Engineer (Office Based- Whiteley) Tailor Made Technologies are the fastest growing tech company on the South Coast where we empower each other to provide our customers with the best possible services and solutions. You will be part of a company with a supportive and forward-thinking culture, allowing you to develop and partake in refreshingly challenging work.
Main Job Description-
- To provide an initial point of contact via the phone to all contractual clients, log tickets with SLA’s set, and collate all details of the issue.
- To work with the technical support team to identify problems and assist with solutions.
- Providing support to all clients, updating change control, and ensuring business continuity.
- Manage faults through to completion, keeping our customers updated and liaising with 3rd party suppliers.
- Carrying out routine maintenance tasks on client’s phone systems.
- To accept escalations from our 1st line support team and manage the complex tasks through to fix and completion.
- To support the junior members of the Team, aiding their development.
- A real passion for customer service and telecoms.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Good written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to embrace change and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work within a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Customer focused ethos and commitment to providing a professional service.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to prioritise, manage and track multiple activities and tasks.
- Enthusiastic approach and can-do attitude.
- A team player who supports the team objectives and thrives in always doing better.
- 2yrs+ experience of working in a service desk environment.
- Experience in working with on-prem and/or cloud-based systems
- Understanding of ISDN 2/30, PSTN, ADSL, fibre, EFM and leased lines.
- Knowledge of routers and networking (Draytek, Technicolor, LAN/WAN).
- SIP Trunk, VoIP, Hosted and Networking experience – VLAN, Wi-Fi and VPN.
- Experience with using a service management system to manage incidents and requests.
- Formal Telecoms Qualifications – NEC, iPECS, Mitel, Siemens
- Field Telecoms Engineering experience.
- Full driving license and access to car.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly, or contact Adam Vaughan at Tailor Made Technologies