Full Time | Whiteley HQ
The role of the IT Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring all IT support is delivered to customers efficiently and effectively in line with Tailor Made Technologies standards. Working with the Tailor Made Technologies team to ensure that any service-related issues are resolved in line with specific SLA’s and to the customers’ satisfaction. This position involves supporting a range of customers in the South Coast area, providing quality customer facing IT support at a 1st/2nd line level.
- Responsible for provision of second line technical support to the customer.
- Support the IT Field Supervisor, Account Manager, Service Delivery Manager and Project Engineers with infrastructure upgrades, maintenance and renewals.
- Undertake equipment builds and installations as and when required.
- Ensure site security for all external facing services is maintained, including multi-factor authentication is enabled and performing regular perimeter checks where necessary.
- Monitor and ensure site backups run successfully and escalate to NOC team when required.
- Use of TMCS software to manage, monitor and respond proactively to customer incidents.
- Ensuring customers are kept informed regarding on-going tickets and effective communication is delivered to the business.
- Achieving agreed and contracted SLA’s.
- Working with 3rd parties to provide incident support through to resolution with customer specific applications.
- Identify areas of improvement and make recommendations to appropriate parties.
- In line with ISO standards, ensure that all processes, procedures and documentation are maintained and updated where appropriate in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all activities are aligned with ITIL procedures.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Ideally you will have a working knowledge of a mixture of the below technologies:
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- VMware or Citrix
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Office 365 Product Suite
- N-able, Veeam, Autotask would be advantageous but not essential
- Good desktop support experience
- Any technical qualifications such as ITIL, MCSA, MCSE would be advantageous but not essential
- Appreciation of Microsoft Azure.
- Strong ability to provide face to face IT support and build strong relationships with customers.
- Experience of deploying new hardware and applications, and optimising their use.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with a large customer base.
- Demonstrable and sound technical skills in relevant areas
- Demonstrable experience of keeping up-to-date with IT trends.
- Experience of working within an ITIL and change management framework.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Leadership qualities
- Team player
- Focused and goal orientated
- Self motivated and proactive
- Flexible approach and ability to multi task